Parent Letter "Shelter in Place" Update 3-20-20
March 20, 2020
Dear MUSD Parents/Students,
In light of Governor’s orders at last night’s address, MUSD will implement the following plans to “Shelter in Place”:
- Starting Friday, March 20, 2020 through Monday, April 14, 2020, All school operations/Offices are closed! (except for meal pick up). All staff are working from home except Administration.
- We started serving meals on Thursday, March 19, for our Breakfast and Lunch program providing “Grab-n-Go” meals from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30p.m. daily from our cafeteria parking lot and will continue this program. Parents and/or students may use the drive through or walk up table service at the back of our new cafeteria. All children under the age of 19 qualify for this meal program to receive a Lunch bag and a Breakfast bag (for the next morning). Parents/students living in the Taft area may instead receive meals from 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. at all Taft City school sites.
- New!! Our Meal Services are being expanded and will be provided over the two-weeks during Spring Break from Monday, March 30-Thurday, April 9!! Same format and timeline as stated above. We hope this will be of additional support for our students and families.
- If the Governor’s orders to “Shelter in Place” continue after Spring Break, on Tuesday, April 14th-New 10-day Instructional packets for All TK-5th grades will be ready for pick-up at school from 10:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m. For our 6th-12th grade students, we will be starting an online computer based instructional program. Parents may checkout their own student’s chromebook/charging cable from the library from 10:00-1:00 p.m. on April 14th. Families that currently do not have internet will be provided a “MiFi” hot spot for home-schooling use until we return to campus for instruction.
- Parents/students may email teachers for needed support on the packet during school hours from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. until next Friday, March 27th before Spring Break.
- NO Library services for book check out will be available next week as planned-Sorry!
- Maricopa Unified School District is dedicated to providing the best resources for educators and families during this time of Independent Study. Many educational companies are providing limited free access to educational programming. Visit our webpage for a listing of resources over the next few days.
Maricopa Unified School District will continue to provide updates on our District website www.maricopaschools.org. I look forward to working with you in service to our children. Thank you for your continued support and flexibility in this ever-changing time of concern.
Scott E. Meier, Ed.D., Superintendent