MUSD School Closure Details and Update 3-18-20
March 18, 2020
Dear MUSD Parents/Students,
MUSD will implement the following plans that were discussed and approved at MUSD Board of Education Special Board meeting last night, March 17, 2020:
- Starting Thursday, March 19, 2020 through Tuesday, April 14, 2020, NO school instruction or student supervision will be provided on campus (except meal pick up). All students will be provided instructional packets to be completed and turned in on Tuesday, April 14 upon returning to school after Spring Break.
- Parents/students may email teachers for needed support on the packet during school hours from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. until next Friday, March 27th before Spring Break.
- School Offices will remain open from 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. daily until next Friday, March 27th before Spring Break. However, please only come to school with official business that cannot be handled by phone.
- Starting on Thursday, March 19, our Breakfast and Lunch program WILL provide “Grab-n-Go” meals from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30p.m. daily from our cafeteria parking lot. Parents and/or students may use the drive through or walk up table service at the back of our new cafeteria. All children under the age of 19 qualify for this meal program to receive a Lunch bag and a Breakfast bag (for the next morning) until next Friday, March 27th. Parents/students living in the Taft area may instead receive meals from 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. at all Taft City school sites. Families living on the Maricopa “Flats” will have access to “School Meals on Wheels”. Our school will set a scheduled time to drop off meals at bus stops. See our webpage for the schedule.
- Library services for book check out will be available next week Monday/Wednesday/Friday from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. However, please understand that a limited number of people (10 or less) will be able to be in the library at any given time. Students will be able to check out up to four books each.
- As of today, School will start again on Tuesday, April 14th, however plans are being discussed and made, if the Governor declares officially that schools must remain closed for a longer time period.
- The Board of Education and I want parents to know that we understand this a concerning time for our families and especially our children. Please do ALL that you can to stay positive and supportive for your children and help them work-through questions and concerns they are having.
- Maricopa Unified School District is dedicated to providing the best resources for educators and families during this time of Independent Study. Many educational companies are providing limited free access to educational programming. Visit our webpage for a listing of resources over the next few days.
Maricopa Unified School District will continue to provide updates on our District website www.maricopaschools.org. I look forward to working with you in service to our children. Thank you for your continued support and flexibility in this ever-changing time of concern.
Scott E. Meier, Ed.D., Superintendent