CHANGE in School Closure Plans as of 3-17-20!!
March 17, 2020 (as of 1:00 p.m.)
Dear MUSD Parents, Students and Staff Members,
In light of Kern County’s notification that the County now has at least one known case of COVID-19 and that several businesses, city services, Kern County Supt. of Schools office, and many other public and private organizations throughout Kern County are limiting services and having employees work from home, MUSD will implement the following plan pending MUSD Board of Education approval at tonight Special Board meeting at 6:30 p.m.
- School will be open tomorrow, Wednesday, March 18, However, we will be on a minimum day schedule (School dismissal at 1:00 & 1:05 p.m.)
- Starting Thursday, March 19, 2020 through Tuesday, April 14, 2020, NO school instruction or student supervision will be provided on campus (except meal pick up). All students will be provided instructional packets on Wednesday to be completed and turned in on Tuesday, April 14 upon returning to school after Spring break.
- Starting Thursday, March 19, 2020 through Tuesday, April 14, 2020 MUSD non-essential campus employees (Teachers/Aides) will be on-call and working remotely from home. Parents/students may email teacher for needed support during school hours from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Administration, Office Staff, Food Service Staff, and MOT staff are deemed essential and will report to work each day to support school and district operations and maintenance. School Offices will remain open from 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. daily.
- Starting on Thursday, March 19, our Breakfast and Lunch program WILL provide “Grab-n-Go” meals from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30p.m. daily from our cafeteria parking lot. Parents/students may drive through or walk up and receive a Lunch bag and a Breakfast bag (for the next morning) during this time period. Anyone under the age of 19 qualifies for this meal program. Parents/students living in the Taft area may instead receive meals from 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. at all Taft City school sites.
Maricopa Unified School District will continue to provide updates on our District website www.maricopaschools.org. I look forward to working with you in service to our children. Thank you for your continued support and flexibility in this ever-changing time of need.
Scott E. Meier, Ed.D.